Before the submission, please note that:
1. All NTU faculty and staff are required to deposit a proper version of their journal articles and conference papers to DR-NTU upon acceptance of their publications to comply with the NTU Open Access Policy with effect from August 2011.
2. Deposits should be made soonest possible once acceptance of manuscript to ensure the version that can be shared is not lost.
3. For Gold OA publications, please upload your published version with the metadata record. For Green OA publications published in conventional subscription-based journals, please check the publisher’s self-archiving policy before a manuscript submission is made to ensure the journal’s interest of OA compliance to be met.
4. To check the publisher’s self-archiving policy, you may use the Sherpa/Romeo website or check the publisher’s website directly. Please choose the proper version that will be allowed to deposit in DR-NTU. To differentiate an accepted version from a published version, please see the image below.
5. If the publisher requires their publications to be embargoed for a period of time, you can set an embargo expiry date on your paper during the submission.
6. For those publishers that do not allow accepted version (final peer-reviewed manuscript) to be deposited in DR-NTU, the metadata record including abstract will be displayed and a link provided in DR-NTU to the subscribed content whenever appropriate.
How to submit:
There are two ways to deposit papers:
a. Click deposit button to start a new submission at the DR-NTU homepage
b. Login using NTU network account
c. Select the collection you wish to submit to
d. You will be required to grant NTU Library a Non-exclusive Distribution License and Exclusion of Liability upon submission
e. Follow the online instructions to enter all the necessary information
f. Attach the appropriate version of your paper in PDF file
g. Set embargo if requested by the publisher
h. Click on “Complete” after verifying your submission details
You will receive an email acknowledgement of your submission for you to check if any change needed. After your submission is processed and approved by the Library, you will receive another email notification with a URL generated for your work in DR-NTU. If, for any reason, your submission is not approved by the Library, you will receive an email notification with the reason for rejection.
Please contact us if any assistance is needed.
2. Staff-mediated submission
Faculty and researchers can submit papers through a department-administrator-mediated submission. Please inform the Library if you have a proxy to do submission on your behalf.
In order to minimize any inconvenience to NTU faculty and researchers, the Library does regular staff-mediated submissions to populate DR-NTU with published papers:
a. Library staff downloads NTU paper metadata from citation databases such as Web of Science and Scopus
b. Library staff checks the publisher’s self-archiving policy to get to know the allowed version for deposit
c. Library staff solicits the allowed version from NTU’s author and also get his/her agreement to grant NTU Library a Non-exclusive Distribution License and Exclusion of Liability via email
d. NTU author provides a proper version for the Library staff to deposit
e. Library staff deposits the paper into DR-NTU on behalf of the author