You can create an EndNote Library to store your references. Once EndNote is installed:
1. Launch the EndNote program
2. Click on File > New to create a new EndNote Library.
3. You may rename the Library or retain the default name as My EndNote Library.enl.
4. Two files .enl and .data folder will be automatically created, do ensure that they are saved in one location.
5. Once the EndNote Library is created, you can then customise the view of the EndNote panel, using Layout. Select Bottom:
6. Alternatively, you may change the current view from Bottom to Right Split. This is the 'Right Split' view.
You can change bibliographic styles in EndNote as per your requirements easily. Simply click the drop down menu on the top of the screen.
If you do not see the style that you like, click on Select Another Style and this will open up a menu of hundreds of styles that EndNote offers.
If you do not see your style in this list, the EndNote website offers thousands of styles that you can download as well. You can find the full list here: https://endnote.com/downloads/styles/
EndNote allows you to (1) import a PDF or (2) a folder of PDFs into your library with all citation information, on the occasion that the PDF have DOI (Document Object Identifier) embedded.
(1) To import PDF into EndNote library:
Launch EndNote program
You can use the Import button to add an article to EndNote
Click Choose and select the PDF to be imported
Select the PDF to be added to EndNote.
For Import Option, select PDF
The selected PDF is then imported to EndNote.
Note: If the DOI (Document Object Identifier) is not present in the PDF it will be imported without the reference details.
To automatically import PDFs from a folder: