Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
University Library Committee
The University Library Committee (ULC) takes on strategic advisory and advocacy roles and acts as a liaison between NTU faculty, researchers and students and the Office of Information, Knowledge & Library Services (OIKLS).
The following members of the ULC have been appointed for a 2 year term, from 1 August 2020 – 31 July 2022 with these Roles & Responsibilities
Prof Tan Ooi Kiang
Deputy Provost (Education)
Prof Luke Kang Kwong Kapathy
School of Social Sciences
Assoc Prof Anilkumar K Samtani
Division of Business Law,
Nanyang Business School
Assoc Prof Chang Chew Hung
Academic and Strategic Development, NIE
Assoc Prof Kimberly Kline
Associate Dean (Faculty)
School of Biological Sciences
Assoc Prof Pu Kanyi
Assistant Dean (Research)
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Assoc Prof Cesare Soci
Assoc Prof Andrew Tan Nguan Soo
Faculty Affairs, LKC Medicine
Mr Chan Wei Chuen
Ms Caroline Pang
Roles & Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the ULC are:
- Chart the overarching strategy of OIKLS, align its direction, key projects and services with the University’s strategic plans, and forwarding its vision and mission.
- Provide insights on global trends and issues pertinent to research and scholarship, and strengthen the ability of OIKLS to deliver exceptional, distinctive and high-quality learning experiences and research capabilities to students and researchers.
- Give counsel to OIKLS so that it provides the optimal spectrum of collections, resources and services to meet the needs of the University’s stakeholders in pursuit of education and research excellence.
- Cultivate the network of OIKLS to forge partnerships and collaborations within the University community and with external organisations.
- Advise OIKLS on any other appropriate business beyond operational management matters, which is helmed by the University Librarian.