Akbar is a Senior Assistant Director and Team Lead for the Advisory & Consultation Team at NTU Library.
- Master of Arts in Librarianship, University of Sheffield, UK, 1989
- Bachelor of Accountancy, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1986
Papers and Presentations
• Akbar Hakim (2019, May). (re-)Defining Advisory & Consultation. Pecha Kucha Presentation at 2019 Asia-Pacific Business School Librarians’ Group Meeting & Library Conference, INSEAD, Asia Campus, Singapore.
• Akbar Hakim Harun (2016, May). Professional Development and the Academic Business Librarian: A Knowledge-Competence Framework. Pecha Kucha Presentation at 2016 Joint ABLD/EBSLG/APBSLG Meeting, Singapore Management University, Singapore.
• Akbar Hakim (2014, March). Linking Academic Rigour with Industry Relevance. Presentation at NTU Libraries Academic Publishing 2014, NTU, Singapore.
• Akbar Hakim (2013, June). Let’s Have a Conversation…Let’s Talk Reference (a.k.a. Research Assistance)! Presentation at NTU Libraries Professional Development Session, NTU, Singapore.
• Akbar Hakim (2012, July). It’s not just about tours and talks: Business information literacy instructional programmes in NTU. Pecha Kucha Presentation at Information Literacy Seminar, Singapore Management University, Singapore.
• Akbar Hakim (2012, April). Finding ROI: Preliminary Findings from NTU Library LibQUAL+ 2012 Survey. Pecha Kucha Presentation at 2012 Joint ABLD/EBSLG/APBSLG Meeting, Stanford University, USA.
• Nurhazman Abdul Aziz, Akbar Hakim Harun, Catherine Tan & Alan Choy (2008, May). Innovative Library Web Marketing Practices in Singapore: A Landscape of Hype, Expectation and Reality. Paper presented at Library Association of Singapore Conference, Singapore. Available at http://hdl.handle.net/10220/6070.
• Akbar Hakim Harun (2007, May). reSearching Information Quest: An Online Information Literacy Programme for NTU Business Students. Presentation at Bazaar of Ideas, 2007 Joint ABLD/APBSLG/EBSLG Meeting, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
• Akbar Hakim Haji Harun (2006, September). Explore, Enrich, Excel! Engaging our business school students in information literacy programmes: NTU Library’s collaborative model. Presentation at 5th Asia-Pacific Business School Librarians’ Group Meeting, China Europe International Business School, Shanghai, China.
• Akbar Hakim Haji Harun & Koh Ping Hoon, Jean (2006, April). Enhancing Students’ Learning and Research with NTU Library’s Innovative Information Literacy Programmes. Paper presented at Asia-Pacific Conference on Library & Information Education and Practice (A-LIEP), Singapore. Available at http://hdl.handle.net/10150/106213.
• Ong, W., & Akbar, H. H. (2004, April). Identifying training needs: a survey of current practices and programs of member libraries. Paper presented at the 1st Meeting of the AUNILO Working Committee, Singapore.
• Wong-Yip, Chin Choo Jacqueline, & Akbar Hakim Harun (2003, October). Assessing learning outcomes of an undergraduate information literacy programme. Paper presented at 12th Congress of Southeast Asian Librarians, Brunei Darussalam.
• Akbar Hakim (1989). Networking: Implications for Libraries. Singapore Libraries, 19, 15-24.
• Akbar Hakim Haji Harun (1988, September). A study of the provision for and use by library managers of management information from computer-based library systems in academic libraries. A study submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in Librarianship at the University of Sheffield. Available at http://hdl.handle.net/10356/41558.