Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Digital Scholarship Workshops & Seminars
NTU Library runs workshops (W) & seminars (S) on the use of various tools & methods under the Digital Scholarship Tuesdays series. This series of workshops and seminars take place on Tuesday afternoons during the semester. The venue, unless stated otherwise, is at StarGate, Level 3, Lee Wee Nam Library. All NTU / NIE staff, students and alumni are welcome.
For dates and time of these events, please visit Digital Scholarship Series webpage.
Presentation Tools & Sources
- Jazzing up your presentation with Prezi (W)
- Picture perfect: finding and using images for your projects (S)
- Designing infographics with Canva and Piktochart (W)
Data Visualisation & GIS
- Cleaning data with Open Refine (W)
- An introduction to QGIS (W)
- Data visualisation with Tableau (W)
- Mapping and visualising your spatial research data with ArcGIS (W)
- Applying advanced data visualisation techniques with Tableau (W)
Text Mining & Machine Learning
- Getting started with text mining for the humanities (S)
- Powerful text mining techniques with Open Refine (W)
- Getting started in Machine Learning in 60 mins (S)
- Designing and creating your research website with Blogs@NTU (S)
- Telling stories with StoryMapJS (W)
- Building Online Exhibition and Digital Library with Omeka (S)
- Making Timelines using free Online Tools (W)
Consultation by Appointment:
NTU / NIE students and staff are welcome to request for a consultation on the use of specific tools or general questions relating to data visualisation and digital publishing. Please contact our staff at email@example.com to make an appointment.