Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Amy is a Manager with the Open Science and Research Services Team. She provides Open Science advocacy and research data management services.
- PhD, Graduate School of Integrative Sciences and Engineering, National University of Singapore
- BSc (Cell and Molecular Biology), Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore
Professional Experience, Specialisation & Memberships
Amy is a member of the Open Science and Research Services Team at NTU Library since 2020. She is passionate about imparting research data management best practices to the academic community (e.g. Data Management Plan workshops, Open Access and Data Sharing events). She is also the Project Manager in charge of piloting the Research Data Storage System at NTU.
Prior to this, she was a Medical cum Scholarly Communications Librarian at the National University of Singapore from 2016-2020. She gave talks on research data documentation and storage at Research Compliance and Integrity Townhalls and post-graduate lectures at the Faculties of Medicine and Engineering. Before entering librarianship, she spent a year as Scientific Officer at a clinical diagnostics laboratory, managing a research database and operations. She also has 8 years of post-doctoral research experience at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research, during which she mentored 1 PhD and 3 honours students.
She is currently a member of the Research Data Access & Preservation (RDAP) Association USA.
Skills & Interests
- Social & Behavioral Research - Basic/Refresher, Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative, 2021
- NICF - Data Governance and Protection (SF), NUS-ISS, 13-15 May 2020
- Data Analytics and Visualisation for Managers, NUS SCALE, 18-20 Sep 2019
- Australian Evidence Based Practice Librarians Institute, Sydney, Australia, 12-16 Nov 2018
- Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Research Training, Singhealth, 2016
- Research Data Access & Preservation (RDAP) Summit, Florida, USA, 14-17 May 2019
Publications, Presentations & Works
- Pu FC, Kho SY, Low KK, Chou A. Researcher Unbound and National University of Singapore (NUS) Libraries' Evolving Role in Supporting University Research: Going Beyond Service. In Fernández-Marcial, V., & González-Solar, L. (Ed.), Cases on Research Support Services in Academic Libraries, 216-246. IGI Global, 2021. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-7998-4546-1.ch010
- Chou AM, Sem KP, Lam WJ, Ahmed S, Lim CY. Redundant functions of I-BAR family members, IRSp53 and IRTKS, are essential for embryonic development. Sci Rep 7, 40485 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/srep40485
- Chou AM, Sae-Lim V, Hutmacher DW, Lim TM. Tissue Engineering of a Periodontal Ligament-Alveolar Bone Graft Construct. The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants, 21: 526–534, 2006.