Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Amy is a Manager with the Research Data Management Team. She provides advocacy on research data and related matters, conducts Data Management Plan workshops, and manages library guides and FAQs.
- PhD, Graduate School of Integrative Sciences and Engineering, National University of Singapore
- BSc (Cell and Molecular Biology), Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore
Professional Experience, Specialisation & Memberships
Amy is a member of the Research Data Management (RDM) Team at NTU Library since Feb 2020. Prior to this, she was a Medical cum Scholarly Communications Librarian at the National University of Singapore, from 2016-2020. She gave talks on research data documentation and storage at Research Compliance and Integrity Townhalls and post-graduate lectures at the Faculties of Medicine and Engineering. Before entering librarianship, she spent a year as Scientific Officer at a clinical diagnostics laboratory, managing a research database and operations. She also has 8 years of post-doctoral research experience at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research.
She is currently a member of the Research Data Access & Preservation (RDAP) Association USA, and the Library Association of Singapore.
Skills & Interests
- NICF - Data Governance and Protection (SF), NUS-ISS, 13-15 May 2020
- Data Analytics and Visualisation for Managers, NUS SCALE, 18-20 Sep 2019
- Research Data Access & Preservation (RDAP) Summit, Florida, USA, 14-17 May 2019
- Australian Evidence Based Practice Librarians Institute, Sydney, Australia, 12-16 Nov 2018
- Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Research Training, Singhealth, 2016
- Human Subjects Research, Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative, 2015
Publications, Presentations & Works
- Pu FC, Kho SY, Low KK, Chou A. Researcher Unbound and National University of Singapore (NUS) Libraries' Evolving Role in Supporting University Research: Going Beyond Service. In Fernández-Marcial, V., & González-Solar, L. (Ed.), Cases on Research Support Services in Academic Libraries, 216-246. IGI Global, 2021. http://doi:10.4018/978-1-7998-4546-1.ch010
- Chou AM, Sem KP, Lam WJ, Ahmed S, Lim CY. Redundant functions of I-BAR family members, IRSp53 and IRTKS, are essential for embryonic development. Sci Rep. 7:40485, 2017.
- Chou AM, Sem KP, Wright GD, Sudhaharan T, Ahmed S. Dynamin1 interacts with IRSp53 protein and works with mammalian enabled (Mena) protein and Eps8 to regulate filopodial dynamics. J Biol Chem. 289(35): 24383-96, 2014.
- Chou AM, Sae-Lim V, Hutmacher DW, Lim TM. Tissue Engineering of a Periodontal Ligament-Alveolar Bone Graft Construct. The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants, 21: 526–534, 2006.